Difference between revisions of "Project 2, Team B3"

From ENGR005 2008
Jump to: navigation, search
(Report)
Line 16: Line 16:
  
 
==Report==
 
==Report==
In making our design, we experimented with different techniques.  We found that arcs and circles tended to work better, so as we created new designs we moved towards more of those.  In our final design, we used only circles and found that that was the most effective design.
+
We started by making many random designs and seeing how well they worked.  We experimented with many different techniques, each making independent designs and discussing with each other how well the different techniques worked.  We found that arcs and circles tended to be more effective, so as we created new designs we moved towards more circles.  In our final design, we used only circles and found that that was the most effective design.
  
 
[[Image:Bridge1.jpg]] Intermediate 1
 
[[Image:Bridge1.jpg]] Intermediate 1

Revision as of 15:40, 22 September 2008

← Back to Bridge Section project page ←

Synopsis of bridge scores

  • α squad score: 2.104718 × 10-6
  • Ω squad score: 2.54109 × 10-6
  • Current best team score: 2.104718 × 10-6

Team members

Elan Silverblatt-Buser

Zach Weiner

David Saltzman

Xavier Williams

Report

We started by making many random designs and seeing how well they worked. We experimented with many different techniques, each making independent designs and discussing with each other how well the different techniques worked. We found that arcs and circles tended to be more effective, so as we created new designs we moved towards more circles. In our final design, we used only circles and found that that was the most effective design.

Bridge1.jpg Intermediate 1

Bridge2.5.jpg Intermediate 2

B3 bridge.jpg Final Design

← Back to Bridge Section project page ←