Difference between revisions of "Project 2, Team C1"

From ENGR005 2008
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 11: Line 11:
  
 
==Report==
 
==Report==
To be filled in by team.
+
===Process===
 +
The central element of our process was the attempt to reduce the surface area to as low a number as possible.  At one point in our design variations, we surpased the maximum allowable percentage of material removed, and had to strategically reinforce particular areas.  This actually resulted in an even better, lower score as a result of our other guiding intention.  Once we had settled on the basic design, with the two bars leading to the center, much of the exploration involved changing their angles, changing their thickness, changing the shape of the cutouts around them, and -- most significantly -- changing the thicknesses of the bridge top around them.  Keeping that top bar thick in the best possible places was essential to our design, and underlay many of our choices, especially towards the end of the process.
  
  
 
[[Bridge_Section | ← Back to Bridge Section project page ←]]
 
[[Bridge_Section | ← Back to Bridge Section project page ←]]

Revision as of 16:35, 26 September 2008

← Back to Bridge Section project page ←

Team members

Include list of names and links back to individual wiki pages

Synopsis of bridge scores

  • α squad score: 1.43775*10^-6
  • Ω squad score:
  • Current best team score: 1.056748*10^-6

Report

Process

The central element of our process was the attempt to reduce the surface area to as low a number as possible. At one point in our design variations, we surpased the maximum allowable percentage of material removed, and had to strategically reinforce particular areas. This actually resulted in an even better, lower score as a result of our other guiding intention. Once we had settled on the basic design, with the two bars leading to the center, much of the exploration involved changing their angles, changing their thickness, changing the shape of the cutouts around them, and -- most significantly -- changing the thicknesses of the bridge top around them. Keeping that top bar thick in the best possible places was essential to our design, and underlay many of our choices, especially towards the end of the process.


← Back to Bridge Section project page ←