Difference between revisions of "Final Project"
From ENGR005 2008
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
Revision as of 16:19, 8 December 2008
ENGR 005, 2008 - Final Project
The final project for ENGR 005 is self-defined. The guidelines are as follows:
- The project may be a group or individual project
- You may do a project or research report (I prefer project)
- Groups can be up to 4 people – not necessarily from your lab section
- Project can be anything you think you can do in 2-3 weeks (6-10 hours).
- If you need extra supplies (up to about $40) let me know by Monday (11/17) so we can order.
- Research project is OK, but some of your references have to be print-based (i.e., not just URL’s)
- Oral proposal during lab Thursday, November 20th
- by the morning of Wednesday, November 19th, let me know in which lab period (A 11:20; B 1:15; C 2:40) you prefer to give your presentation. If possible, also give me an alternate (in case everybody chooses period A).
- I would like you to give me a paper with name of project, and name of group member(s) on 11/20.
- Presentation is 3-5 minutes by anybody in group (I realize that all group members may not be able to attend due to class conflicts).
- Motivation for project
- Description of project, including block diagram with major components (software and/or hardware)
- Time line
- Any equipment required
- Members of group
Oral Project Presentation
- The oral project presentation should be from 5-8 minutes in length.
- I recommend powerpoint (or something similar) on flash drive.
- The final project presentation will be given on Tuesday 12/9 in Hicks 213 (same schedule).
- The schedule is very tight - if we start to run over schedule, you may not be able to finish your practice presentation.
- I would like you to come to the entire class on Tuesday 12/9 for the final presentations.
- Description of the proposed project
- Theory (if any)
- Procedure (including difficulties)
- Results/demo as appropriate (I realize this may not be complete by 12/4)
- 11:20 Alade / Nicoludis
- 11:32 Balch / Scheuing
- 11:44 Bertaut / Bielenberg
- 11:56 Burger / Chien / Eyerer / Novack
- 12:08 Hunter
- 12:20 Dyer / Heavenrich (also - need to start wiki)
- 12:32 Goff
- 1:15 Blekicki / Dinh / Edwards
- 1:27 Bowers / D'Annunzio / Silverblatt-Buser
- 1:39 Cabrera / Rutherford / Spector / Williams
- 1:51 Parasrampuria / Chasins
- 2:03 Bhandari / Nolan / Pytlar / Zhao
- 2:17 Saltzman
- 2:40 Pollen
- 2:52 Martin (also - need to start wiki)
- 3:04 Koonce
- 3:16 Pezzola / Weiner
- 3:28 Stromme / Weinhold (also - need to start wiki)
- 3:40 Chen / Erturk / Leland
- Projects will be on Wiki, started by 11/24
- Project Wiki completed by 12/10
- Oral Project Presentation on 12/9 during lab period (5-10 minutes). If it is a group project, presentation must be by somebody other than the person who did the proposal presentation.