From ENGR005 2008
ENGR 005, 2008 - Final Project
The final project for ENGR 005 is self-defined. The guidelines are as follows:
- The project may be a group or individual project
- You may do a project or research report (I prefer project)
- Groups can be up to 4 people – not necessarily from your lab section
- Project can be anything you think you can do in 2-3 weeks (6-10 hours).
- If you need extra supplies (up to about $40) let me know by Monday (11/17) so we can order.
- Research project is OK, but some of your references have to be print-based (i.e., not just URL’s)
- Oral proposal during lab Thursday, November 20th
- by the morning of Wednesday, November 19th, let me know in which lab period (A 11:20; B 1:15; C 2:40) you prefer to give your presentation. If possible, also give me an alternate (in case everybody chooses period A).
- I would like you to give me a paper with name of project, and name of group member(s) on 11/20.
- Presentation is 3-5 minutes by anybody in group (I realize that all group members may not be able to attend due to class conflicts).
- Motivation for project
- Description of project, including block diagram with major components (software and/or hardware)
- Time line
- Any equipment required
- Members of group
- Projects will be on Wiki, started by 11/24
- Project Wiki completed by 12/10
- Oral Project Presentation on 12/9 during lab period (5-10 minutes). If it is a group project, presentation must be by somebody other than the person who did the proposal presentation.
Oral Project Presentation Practice
- The oral project proposal should be from 5-8 minutes in length.
- A practice presentation will be given on Thursday 12/4 in Hicks 213 (schedule is below). After the practice you will get some immediate feedback that you should use to improve your final presentation.
- The final project presentation will be given on Tuesday 12/9 in Hicks 213 (same schedule).
- Description of the proposed project
- Theory (if any)
- Procedure (including difficulties)
- Results (I realize this may not be complete by 12/4)