- explore curves-(curved corners,curves around pre-cut notches)
- the middle is the least imporatant (when figuring out where to cut pieces out for least displacement and least volume)
- circles are the best shape (not sqaures or triangles- as shown by our previous test runs)
- make is easier for the robot arm to bend
- minimum volume - .2in^3 and maximum voluvme- .92in^3-- keeping this in mind we want the least volume and least displacement
Best Designs From Alpha and Omega
[[|200px|thumb|left|Team Alpha]] 200px|thumb|left|Team Omega
Both groups did some testing and found that tirangles are not the best shape to cut out and curved edges worked well. We used ideas from both groups and expanded on them for the final product.
We knew the goal was to have the least volume and least displacement so our final design is centered on one main theme: Circles, Circles, Circles! This include curves on the edges, big cut out circles in the middle as well as one small circle cut out.
our voulme is: .84 in^3
our displacement is: .2368 mm
our score is: .199