Creating a More Inclusive Classroom Environment
From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Some steps towards making classes more effective and inclusive
- Decide what you want your students to take away from your course, and use backward-design to accomplish your goals.
- Use active learning techniques
- Foster a growth mindset in your students.
- Understand your implicit biases.
- Reduce stereotype threat.
- Provide opportunities for values affirmation.
- Offer wise feedback.