Creating a More Inclusive Classroom Environment
From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Some steps towards making classes more effective and inclusive
- Decide what you want your students to take away from your course, and use backward-design to accomplish your goals.
- Employ active learning techniques.
- Foster a growth mindset in your students.
- Modify and limit the effects of implicit biases.
- Understand stereotype threat and reduce it with wise feedback and values affirmation.
- Creating a More Inclusive Classroom Environment
- Diversity in the Economics Profession: Where We Stand and Where We’re Going
- AEA Summer Program working breakfast
- Diversifying Economic Quality: Using Evidence to Create More Inclusive Economics Departments