From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Top practices for departments
1. Offer a course on heterodox theories of economics.
2. Encourage older students to become peer mentors for younger classmates
3. Utilize summer bridge programs to ease transition into introductory courses
4. Alter the introductory textbooks to better portray the diversity of the population
5. Recruit and retain a diverse faculty that will have an impact students on a more diverse level
6. Actively recruit students who were may have been underprepared or unsure about the academic subject from high school.