From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
2. Host [[workshops
2. Host [[workshops study and work habits]]
3. Encourage older students to become [[peer
3. Encourage older students to become [[peer ]] for younger classmates
Revision as of 23:18, 28 March 2011
Team members: Please add your research results below in the following way.
1. Give a one sentence summary of the strategy proposed/analyzed.
2. Provide a link to another wiki page that
a. describes the approach
b. summarizes the research supporting this approach (briefly state research method and findings, and maybe use some quotes from the source)
c. provides full citation of the source(s)
d. links to the source(s)
e. records your name, your comments/questions if any, and your overall rating of the source
Top ten practices for departments
1. Offer a course on ...
3. Encourage older students to become peer mentors for younger classmates
4. Utilize summer bridge programs to ease transition into introductory courses
5. Alter the introductory textbooks to better portray the diversity of the population
6. Recruit and retain a diverse faculty that will have an impact students on a more diverse level
7. Actively recruit students who were may have been underprepared or unsure about the academic subject from high school.