History of race and racism
From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Learn about the history of race and racism in the U.S. through these works suggested by our colleagues and students.
- Darity Jr, William A., and A. Kirsten Mullen. From Here to Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the Twenty-First Century. The University of North Carolina Press, 2020.
- Kendi, Ibram X. Stamped from the beginning: The definitive history of racist ideas in America. Random House, 2017.
- Rothstein, Richard. The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America. First edition. New York ; London: Liveright Publishing Corporation, a division of W.W. Norton & Company, 2017.
Articles and Reports
- Coates, Ta-Nehisi. The case for reparations. The Atlantic 313, no. 5 (2014): 54-71.
- Elise Gould and Valerie Wilson. Black workers face two of the most lethal preexisting conditions for coronavirus—racism and economic inequality. EPI Report. June 1, 2020.