From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
Hi, Jimmy. You can play around with Mediawiki editing using this page. Simply click edit above and start changing the text. Save (or show preview) and edit as many times as you wish. Google Mediawiki editing if you want to find additional guidance.
- Option a
- Option b
- Option b. 1
- Option b. 2
- Option c
Here is a list:
- Intelligence is malleable. Burgeoning evidence in cognitive psychology and neuroscience demonstrates the malleability of intelligence and the plasticity of the brain. See, for instance, Jaeggi, et al. (2008).
- Math ability can be developed. Don't accept a student's statement that she is not a "math person."
- Economic intuition can be acquired. Why else do we teach?
- Race and gender are social constructions.
- Academic skills and abilities are acquired through hard work, making mistakes, and perseverance.