Portal for AALAC participants
From Diversifying Economic Quality: A Wiki for Instructors and Departments
AALAC Conference on Enhancing Inclusivity in Economics at Liberal Arts Colleges
- Pomona College, Claremont, CA
- February 5, 2016
Here's a recap of the day's events. Supporting documents will be added as they become available.
- Breakfast and Introductions, Welcome by President David Oxtoby
- Diversifying Economic Quality: The Role of Liberal Arts Colleges, Amanda Bayer, Swarthmore College
- Moderated Discussion: Curricular Innovations and the Demographic Shift, Fernando Lozano, Pomona College
- Communities of Learning in a Math Department, Jo Hardin (Chair, Math Department, Pomona)
- Moderated Discussion on High Impact Practices
- Cohort Programs in the Sciences, Len Seligman (Associate Dean and Professor of Biology, Pomona)
- A Bridge Program for Economics, Lucie Schmidt, Williams College
- Moderated Discussion: What works? Future issues
- Keynote: Cecilia Conrad, MacArthur Foundation, "We Have Met the Enemy and He/She Is Us"