Difference between revisions of "Miyako"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Revision as of 13:30, 19 January 2017
- Anderson, Mark and Heinrich, Patrick. Language Crisis in the Ryukyus. Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b4660476
- This book discusses the causes of the Ryukyuan language crisis and the efforts that have been made towards revitalisation.
- Japanese Dialects and Ryukyuan in The Vanishing Languages of the Pacific Rim. Oxford, 2007. https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b3331181
- Language Loss and Revitalization in the Ryukyu Islands http://apjjf.org/-Patrick-Heinrich/1596/article.html
- This article discusses language loss and the obstacles faced in revitalisation
- The Ryukyus and the New, But Endangered, Languages of Japan. http://apjjf.org/-Patrick-Heinrich/3138/article.html
- This article discusses the ramifications of the 2009 UNESCO decision to consider Ryukyuan languages as separate from Japanese.
- This paper has detailed descriptions of the Ogami and Ikema dialects of Ryukyu.
- Pragmatic factors in the development of a switch-adjective language: A case study of the Miyako Hirara dialect of Ryukyuan in Parts of speech: Empirical and theoretical advances Philadelphia, 2010. https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b3852868
- This paper is a case study of adjectives in the Hirara dialect of Miyako