Revision as of 14:50, 23 January 2017 by Doldham1
- Anderson, Mark and Heinrich, Patrick. Language Crisis in the Ryukyus. Newcastle upon Tyne, 2014. https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b4660476
- This book discusses the causes of the Ryukyuan language crisis and the efforts that have been made towards revitalisation.
- Japanese Dialects and Ryukyuan in The Vanishing Languages of the Pacific Rim. Oxford, 2007. https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b3331181
- This has a brief overview of the history of the dialects of Japanese.
- Language Loss and Revitalization in the Ryukyu Islands http://apjjf.org/-Patrick-Heinrich/1596/article.html
- This article discusses language loss and the obstacles faced in revitalisation
- The Ryukyus and the New, But Endangered, Languages of Japan. http://apjjf.org/-Patrick-Heinrich/3138/article.html
- This article discusses the ramifications of the 2009 UNESCO decision to consider Ryukyuan languages as separate from Japanese.
- This page is a brief introduction to Miyako and provides links to other resources.
- This is the Ethnologue page for Miyako
- Language documentation when the community is not “in the mood”: Issues in community-centered documentation efforts in Ikema Ryukyuan http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/26125
- This is a recording of a half-hour long talk on the issues with documentation of the Ikema dialect of Miyako Ryukyuan.
- This paper has detailed descriptions of the Ogami and Ikema dialects of Ryukyu.
- Pragmatic factors in the development of a switch-adjective language: A case study of the Miyako Hirara dialect of Ryukyuan in Parts of speech: Empirical and theoretical advances Philadelphia, 2010. *https://catalog.tricolib.brynmawr.edu/find/Record/.b3852868
- This paper is a case study of adjectives in the Hirara dialect of Miyako
- Mismatch between theory and practice: Problem of determining base forms for Miyako verbs http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/25308
- This is a look at what should be considered the base form of the verb in Miyako.
- Heinrich, Patrick et. al. Handbook of the Ryukyuan languages : history, structure, and use.
- I have requested this through ILL.
- This has a wordlist of about 150.
- This is a Miyako-Japanese dictionary.
- Mitsugu Sakihara, Okinawan-English Wordbook: A Short Lexicon of the Okinawan Language with English Definitions and Japanese Cognates. University of Hawaii Press, 2006.
- This may be Central Okinawan, but I am unsure.
- This site has the beginnings of Ikema-English and Japanese-Ikema dictionaries, a page on orthography, and brief pages on phonology and grammar. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.